Sunday, October 30, 2011

Monkey House url - 3rd time's the charm?

Welcome to the new home of Monkey House. I didn't really want to host it here, I much prefer the flexibility of a web site. At its original URL Monkey House was not just a blog, but had a forum and live chat room as well.

The first place it was, the person who was letting me host it there didn't pay his web host bill without telling me, so the site went down and I lost all my posts there. I managed to recover 4 of them, thanks to google and put the site up again on byethost.com Not long after they canceled my account due to: "Our systems detected phishing on your account". They then asked what the nature of my site was and I told them it was a p2p blog site, that no files were hosted there and I was not running a phishing scam. Their response to that was to cancel my account with no explanation. I asked them for more details and am waiting for a response but with not much hope.

So while I lost flexibility, Google IS the biggest kid on the block so hopefully I can post my blogs here without any fear of finding a parked page at the url a few months down the road. I would thank Google for providing this service but I'm going to save that for when the page has been up long enough that I feel it's not going to get yanked.
Update 2023 - I guess I can thank Google now, this site has been up for quite some time.

Update - p2pnet.net is sadly long gone.
I would like to thank Jon Newton, the founder of p2pnet.net for inspiring me. His perseverance in the face of far worse obstacles showed me it can be done, no matter what. 

No comments:

Post a Comment